Friday, October 7, 2011

Thank you for calling The Computer Mechanic!

Don't worry, I'm not planning on presenting a long, boring explanation as to why I continue to attempt the blogging thing, but then abandon it after two or three posts. I honestly have no excuse.

I'm here now, and that's all that counts, right??

I am currently sitting at the front desk of The Computer Mechanic, fiending for some caffeine after a restless night of sleep. I suppose you would peg me as a glorified secretary, and I honestly have no problem with that title. Besides, I am the owner! Yes, myself and Steven have started a new adventure, and it's been such a blessing making one of his dreams turn into a reality. Everything sorta fell into place over a month's time, and we had to make a quick decision as to whether we should wait another year, or go ahead and snag the most perfect location ever for a business in Jackson. We knew we were taking a huge risk going forward with the business, but it also seemed like such a shame to wait and lose the rental space to someone else.

So, here we are, our 5th day open for business, hoping and praying that as the word (or a mass outbreak of computer viruses) spreads, people will come pouring in with all their PC woes!

But for now, it's been pretty quiet 'round here. I can't help but be nervous, and it doesn't help that everyone around us is expecting us to fail. No one has directly come out and said as much, but the constant questions and worrisome glances tells me that both our families (Steven's especially) have absolutely no faith that we will make it. It's not that they want us to fail... they simply already believe that we will.

I want to prove them wrong more than anything in the world!

Fingers (and toes) crossed...

No comments: