Friday, May 6, 2011

workin' 9 to 5 ... do i really wanna?

I remember times when I felt as though I was trudging through life, dragging my feet so they shoveled deep into the earth, making my journey even more difficult.

Now I sorta feel like I'm floating... my feet not even touching the ground. The weeks seem to be flying by, and as crazy as it seems, I seem to be losing touch with the fighter, leader, and over-achiever within myself. Yes, the load on my back is much lighter than in days past, but life seems so dull without a goal in my sights.

I know it stems from being without permanent employment for so long... I'm a person who thrives on some type of challenge. Sure, I'll complain with the best of 'em, but nothing can top that sense of accomplishment when you've completed a task, and done so to the best of your ability.

It's time to light a fire under my arse, and really start digging again for viable employment. Not to say that I have not been trying
at all, but my heart and energy have been lacking in the quest.

Of course, I
refuse to return to the work lifestyle I maintained at Kirkland's... it sucked the life out of me, and deeply affected my relationships with family and friends outside of the store. No job will ever be more important than time spent with those I love... all the money in the world can't pay for missing out on memories.

I learned that the hard way...


1 comment:

Holly in Wonderland said...

COMMENT!

we've both got to work on this blogging thing. :)